Thursday, February 21, 2013





Before I start, I want to give kudos to this sweet image for making it to the Front Page of Etsy! Out of approximately 15 million items on Etsy, I would say it certainly deserves to take a bow! 

This is the first of several I will be posting in the next few day that I barely can take credit for as the composition was laid out by the greatest artist in the world, Mother Nature! I guess sometimes it is good to be walking looking down, as there is beauty in that direction, too. I know I stopped in my tracks when I saw this perfect arrangement....a still life of nature. Hoping a breeze wouldn't disturb it, I ran for my camera. Fortunately, it stayed very calm and in place for me...as I wanted it just as it was!

Then the real fun began giving it special artistic touches in my digital darkroom...Photoshop, of course. I love the convenience of not having to mix chemicals and have a backlog of a day's work in order to justify the setup time and solutions used. I can be as impetuous as I want in getting to the fun of working with my new image....Yeaaa!

Who would ever have guessed that an ordinary section of concrete would be a elegant backdrop for these sweet little Bougainvillea petals, but with some touches of gold to bring out the pattern to match the golden glow in the petals, it couldn't have been more perfect...man-made and nature-made in one special image. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment